We’re seeking a VP of Engineering to help scale our Engineering organization and accelerate the development of new products. As VP of Engineering this individual will lead by example by defining technical standards, guiding engineering processes, developing our existing team, and helping attract and retain top talent at PacerPro.
- Along with PacerPro’s CEO and other leaders, develop and guide the implementation of PacerPro’s engineering strategy, and team design
- Apply superior technology skills and experience to help the Engineering team
- Proactively identify problems, guide towards solutions, and execute at an extremely high level
- Collaborate with product management to define a detailed product roadmap and chart a course through strategic priorities that include innovation, performance, reliability and security
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of developers, and manage resources against a master budget
- Cultivate a team culture that builds on PacerPro’s values of building community, thinking big, expecting and delivering more value
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to engage on architectural discussions, determine tradeoffs, hold space for multiple points of view, and drive discussion towards decisions
- Hands-on experience and skills with end-to-end SaaS development, including coding best practices, quality assurance, and continuous deployment
- Ability to manage an multi-functional engineering team that spans devops, back-end, front-end, security, partner integrations, and on-premise software development
- Experience in fostering technical excellence as a measurable element of work output and processes
- Demonstrated track record in working with Product and Leadership teams to set delivery goals that meet business objectives
- Minimum of 10 years of combined engineering experience including experience as an individual contributor, and team management
- Experience scaling engineering teams and infrastructure at a fast-growing startup
- Fluency in Ruby, ReactJS, Enterprise API design (specifically); big data, and machine learning (generally)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to lead the expansion stage of a platform that is delivering transformative change to the legal industry, with a broad social impact
- A chance to join a high-growth, early stage company with users who can't live without our product. The offer will come with an invitation to hear it directly from our customers' mouths
- The ability to impact the culture and trajectory of our company
- A principle voice on our cross-functional leadership team
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Opportunity, post Covid, to build an on-site developer pod in the geographic region of your choice
PacerPro's mission is to empower better decision making and stronger institutions by making legal facts readily and easily accessible. Launched in 2014 as a simple overlay to the US federal court’s PACER system, today our service is the standard for integrating federal court data into workflow and knowledge systems for BigLaw and leading litigation boutiques. This success is due to innovative technology matched with best-in-class customer success and deployment teams.